[blindreplay] Re: Upgrading, which program to choose?

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:59:17 +0100

Hi Catherine,
If you plan to do a lot of streaming, may I recommend Replay Media Catcher. May I also recommend you get version 3, as this is more accessible with screen readers than version 4. May I also suggest that you first of all use Media Catcher in demo mode. It will allow you to record Youtube videos in full and record other streams about half full.
Hope I am making sense here.
Hope this helps.
Sent using Thunderbird

On 19/08/2010 8:54, Catherine Turner wrote:
Hi,

So far I've been using Replay AV 8.52C which has been fine but today
it stops responding whenever I try to record anything.  I restarted my
computer which made no difference and the only change to my system
since last time I recorded was I've installed Emusic Manager but if
that's the problem I don't want to uninstall it.

So I've decided to upgrade and see if that makes any difference.

Looking at the website I'm not sure which program to go for now.
Whether Replay AV or Replay Media Catcher or possibly Replay Music.  I
mainly use it for capturing radio, but occasionally used it to capture
streaming music from websites.  This has worked but maybe it would be
easier with another program?

The other question is - will I notice any major differences between my
version of Replay AV and the newest one if I get that program?  Is it
still really accessible and easy to use?  How is the accessibility of
the other programs?

If anybody has any comments I'd be happy to hear about them before I
buy the new program.

Thanks,
Catherine