[blindreplay] Upgrading The Converter: Just Putting In My Two Cents

  • From: "Pam Drake" <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:16:23 -0700

        I think most of us here who are asking this question have been
longtime users of Replay A/V, so we'll have to pay for the converter if
we wish.  My question would be whether choosing not to upgrade the
converter, however that is done as I haven't tried this yet, will allow
the installation of the main application to proceed, leaving the old
converter intact.  I'll be interested in Leslie's follow up, and whether
the company will have to make the reason for the fee clearer in a notice
on the installation screen.

I myself am not surprised there might be an occasional price hike; but
many people, and perhaps companies as well, believe in the beginning of
a new venture there will never be a need for an extra charge, so expect
this will always be the case.  Then when time, programming resources,
and good, old-fashioned labor make a charge necessary we're surprised.
This is not a criticism, just an observation after years of using
adaptive and non-adaptive software.
Just my thoughts.

By the way, I haven't upgraded since Version 14, but am thinking I may
do so in order to       have the advantages of the sending option and
improvements in the converter, for which I will pay.

Pam