[blindreplay] Re: Trying for A Better Description Of The Sound Of My Clear Channel recording

  • From: Pam Drake <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:08:29 -0800

I'm not sure what the station is sending as a transmit rate but I'm converting to MP3 128K. I doubt the speed has anything to do with it because I have never noticed this problem with any other streams. This is the only one I have located through the Tuner. The station link doesn't record. It's a Clear Channel station. It appears to be tightly embedded in their player which uses Windows Media Player. <sigh>

Thanks for any thoughts.

Pam

at 03:04 AM 1/25/2010, you wrote:
Hi Pam,

Whaat bit rate are you recording at?
Robin

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Pam Drake <<mailto:pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Ok, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here; but realized after I sent this message that the higher frequency sounds actually appear to be off frequency. The same off-frequency effect does not appear when I tune to the station, whether from the Web using the built-in player or when using Replay A/V to tune to the station. I hope this gives a more adequate representation. I understand the only way to really understand what I'm hearing is to hear it; so if anyone wants the url I can send it if desired. Perhaps I should send it to Replay Support. I would certainly welcome suggestions.

Pam