[blindreplay] Trouble Recording Sound Card/Speaker Output With Replay AV in Windows 7 64-Bit

  • From: Kane Brolin <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 13:57:32 -0400

Hello.  I am a blind user of the Replay Suite, and not long ago I
engaged in a discussion thread on this list that had to do with the
inaccessibility of portions of Replay AV 8.3.  I was able to resolve
my issue to some degree and, through manually entering a station's URL
into the edit field in the Basic Tab in the show's properties I've
found that I can download streams.

But my latest problem is that I am unable successfully to record media
streams using the output from my laptop's sound card and/or speakers.
Interestingly, if I am running speech output in JAWS when the
recording is set to start, it will record JAWS speech output that
comes through my sound card.  But it will not record the multimedia
content that is playing in Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer, or
another program at the same time.

To see whether JAWS itself was the problem, I turned off speech output
and ran JAWS strictly through my Braille display.  Then I started a
media stream, set Replay AV to record output from the sound card, and
waited until the recording was supposed to stop.  When I checked it
later, there was no recording whatsoever, even though I had been
present and knew the stream had been playing all along.

I notice in Replay Settings that I can choose as my preferred sound
card driver any of three options: Microphone/Line In IDT High,
Microphone Array (High Definition), or Dock Mic (High Definition).  I
think I've tried each of these, and the only one that even gives me a
JAWS output recording is the first.

Any idea what my problem is?  Or how it might be solved?

Thanks.

-Kane