[blindreplay] Re: Sound cards

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

I use a Creative Audigy LS sound card. PCI type. Just make sure
the sound card you buy has the mixer option: what you hear
(Creative), waveout, mixer. Without this option on the sound
card you will not be able to record the sound through your
speakers. It's called audio output. You need this to record for
example those streams that cannot use stream capture or for XM -
Sirius.

You need to see if your computer has open PCI or PCI Express
slots available.

As for a tv tuner card I will get one installed on Saturday and
will let you know how it goes. I plan to install only the
drivers for the TV card and use Replay AV 8.04 to do basic tv
recordings for me.

Since your integrated sound card is gone make sure whoever sets
up your new sound card to disable the on board sound audio on
the motherboard. Requires going into the BIOS.
 Petro