[blindreplay] Re: Sirius & XM stream captured simultaneously

  • From: "Pam Drake" <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 14:22:17 -0800

Mike,

The conversion process seems to be pretty foolproof.  Many times I have
turned off my computer   without thinking about any Replay activity.  When I
turn it on again I receive a message    saying that  there incomplete
conversion jobs, and giving me the opportunity to either finish or cancel
them.  I often find messages stating that the program is preparing to
convert, and I know I haven't recorded anything that day.  My guess is that
the conversion is done in the background as it can be, and as long as the
process isn't halted it gets done as soon as the program has the disk space
to do it.  I've even seen this message when looking at the list of shows,
and have gone to the folder where recordings are stored, and found the
recording is indeed already there and plays just fine.

I am using an older version of the program simply because I haven't gotten
around to changing it; and my recordings are often days old, so this
behavior may not take place in the newer versions,  but  I
 think it's safe to say that it has to take a real crash to lose any
recorded stream data.

Pam