[blindreplay] Re: Silver Light

  • From: "Robin Plitt" <plittr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 14:45:27 -0500

Well Petro,

If It helps your memory, my previous message mentioned Silever Light was a Microsoft Flash player.

I have installed it and am trying it with stream capture now with the feree Mlb.tv Badeball Channel TV stream.

I have recorded several short streams which seem to come across well as .ASF files. My particular DSL connection offers me a halting video whem I play the streams live, but the capture seems to clean them up nicely.

I am trying a longer show now after capturing the stream manually through the URL finder. it is recording.

One of the reasons I wanted to ry this was a Christmas Gift from my wife. The Sansa V-mate, which is a device that records and plays onto a Flash Memory card. I used Replay Converter to convert the ASF file from the MLB Mid Day podcast into a medium quality Mp4 video file. This file played nicely, although I could see the slightly reduced quality, through the V-mate on my TV.

Sadly, the device uses only visual menus and might not be accessible for totally blind users.

Robin
----- Original Message ----- From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>