[blindreplay] Screen Reader Window-Eyes 6.1 suddenly freezes with Rav8.31

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 05:40:21 -0500 (EST)

Well, hope that that subject line catches everyone's attention <smile>!!

Last evening, I made the fatal error of modifying how RAV8.31 titles files
it saves in my final out folder.  I tried changing it from the
default %s %b %d to something else and the result is now that everytime
RAV8.31 starts recording, WE6.1 freezes and stops functioning.
RAV8.31 records fine, but the only way to regain use of WE is to reboot
the system.

I was hoping that uninstalling the program would solve things.  Well, it
didn't as RAV really doesn't completely remove itself from the system.
I then hand deleted the rav directory, but an installation of the program
brough back my former settings which were causing the problem.
So where exactly does RAV store its settings so I can manually delete them
and completely start over.
I do have my schedule file backed up (actually several copies from
different times) so I can copy them back when needed assuming that they
aren't the culprit.

Anyone with guidance.

Note that this is being duel posted to the blindreplay list on Freelists
as well as being directed to Applian support.
Hopefully, someone can quickly come up with a solution so I can put RAV
back to work doing the fine job that it does.

Thanks in advance for any help.