[blindreplay] Re: SEEKING STATION RECOMMENDATIONS

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Monica Svopa <mrod16@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:02:39 -0400 (EDT)

First of all, Monica,,

Thanks for posting the info on KSBJ.

Looking at their website, what is nice for KSBJ is that their recently played
list is a treasuretrove of info.  Not only does it give you song title and
artist, it also includes album title as well as a link to the lyrics of a song.
 The log is automatically updated and extends back several hours so you have
plenty of time to grab the info.

For everyone's benefit, Here are the relevant KSBJ links:

station website:
http://www.ksbj.org/

audio stream:
http://audio.godlistens.com/ksbjhi/ksbjHi.asx

Recently Played list:
http://www.ksbj.org/top100.php?ref=menu

Another group of stations that does something similar is "The Joy fm" network
operated by Radio Training Networks with stations scattered in various Florida
locales.

station website:
http://www.thejoyfm.com/recentlyplayed

audio stream:
http://streamingradioguide.com/listens.m3u?stationid=9780
Log of Played songs:

http://www.thejoyfm.com/recentlyplayed

which gives you up to a week of info.

My hunch, given that these are software generated automated lists, there are a
lot of other broadcasters doing this.  So check the website of stations you are
interested in, and you may be surprised.

For me, at least, this is far more valuable than whether or not song and
artists are routinely mentioned as tracks are played.

The real measure of our wealth is how much we should be worth if we lost our
money.
John Henry Jowett - (1864-1923), English Congregational pastor