[blindreplay] Re: Ripping DVDs with Replay Converter

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

Two ways you can do this.

Make a folder on your hard drive. For example video test folder. Make sure your
hard drive has at least 5 GB of space available.

Insert the DVD in optical drive bay door. If it starts to playback stop the
playback.

Go to My Computer or Computer if you use Vista.

Locate your DVD drive letter.

Open it.

Locate Video_TS folder. Open Video_TS. you will see files ending in .VOB
extension. If you don't then do an alt+V, then d for details.

Select all the .vob files and then copy with ctrl+c.

Go to the video test folder and open it. Use ctrl+v to paste these copied .vob
files to your hard drive.

These .vob files are very big in size.

If you have nothing there that will play these .vob files then rename these
.vob files to .mpg and they will playback with Windows media Player and
posssibly with Winamp.

The other way is to use Replay Converter 3.2+. I did find a bug recently and
the developer has confirmed this.

Listen to the tutorial I did. It's not perfect but will make it easier for you
to rip the DVD. I don't know what happens when doing it with copy protected
DVDs. This is why I showed you how to do it without Replay Converter above and
the .vob files.

http://www.applian.com/Podcasts/RC32/rc-320-ripping-dvd.mp3

--- On Thu, 7/30/09, Catherine Turner <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>