[blindreplay] Response from Applian Tech on Replay Player Buttons

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 14:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

Petro: I will contact Freedom Scientific to see if there is a
way for JAWS to read the tooltips where the mouse hovers over
each button.

Do any of you know?

Applian response:

I looked again, and the Replay Player buttons are indeed labeled
When you hover over them they do show a description.

Petro: I believe these are called tooltips.

You may want to forward the problem to the Jaws folks. Since
Replay Player
is a Windows Media Player skin, it's possible their screen
reader can't
figure out this type of application.

I will contact Freedom Scientific this week.

The Replay Player comes with enough shortcuts that are similar
to Windows Media Player 11's.

Thank you very much.