[blindreplay] Replay Media Catcher V4

  • From: Kevin Russell <kevin_russell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 17:30:33 +0000

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help.

Is anybody using Replay Media Catcher V4 with either JAWS or Window-Eyes.
I decided to upgrade from V3 and pay for the upgrade as I believe that V4
can handle many more types of streams.

However, it appears to be not very accessible at all.  It is very hard to
select the various options on the main screen, so I am very disappointed
and feel that I've possibly wasted some money.  Yes, I know, I should have
tried before I bought, but, in the past, Applian products have been very
accessible and I'm sure they will be willing to make this so again.

I couldn't even get it to recognise the stream from Smooth Radio and
Smooth 70s here in the UK.

When I start either stream, Winamp plays the streams and I'm guessing
Media Catcher isn't fining that stream.

Here are the direct links to the streams:

Smooth Radio:

http://gmgmp3.shoutcast.streamuk.com:10020/

Smooth 70s:

http://shoutcast.gmgradio.com:10040/

My questions are:

1. Am I missing some tricks and is V4 totally accessible.
2. How can I get Media Catcher V4 to recognise the above streams.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Kevin
Kevin Russell