[blindreplay] Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Vista OS, JAWS 11, User Account Control Questions

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:13:44 -0400

Installed the latest version of Replay Media Catcher 3.11 on Vista Home Premium notebook PC using JAWS 11.

Questions I have is

1. Are you able to get the Internet Explorer 8 browser to work for you after choosing 'start recording' in the record menu within Replay Media Catcher and then choosing again the record menu and launch browser or it maybe default browser? For me my default browser is IE 8 and when it is launched the IE browser webpage interface is like 99 percent invisible with JAWS 11. It launches me to google.com website but the page is useless.

I do understand that since Vista OS is more secure and uses UAC - User Accounts Control and Replay Media Catcher did warn me that to get around this was to record first with Replay Media Catcher and then choose the browser option in the record menu but my IE 8 browser website are invisible with JAWS 11 meaning I cannot go to the sites I want to capture the video/audio as I cannot click on anything.

2. Using tab browsing with IE 8 does not solve this problem. Websites are still invisible.

3. Are you using Firefox instead of IE 8 with Replay Media Catcher?

4. I do not want to turn off UAC - User Account Control.

Feedback and experience is greatly appreciated.

Will reboot my computer now. Just to be sure its nothing on my end.

Thank you.