[blindreplay] Re: Replay AV's Url Finder

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:12:57 -0400 (EDT)

Petro

You may be no "expert" using the Url finder, but that mini tutorial is
exactly what the doctor ordered.
What it gave me, and this is something that I had not figured out on my
own, is a strategy in using the url finder.
Now, I understand how it works; how to navigate between the finder and the
targeted stream, and that the space bar is the trigger in copying the url.
And it was reassuring
that I was not the only one struggling with the constant refresh of the
screen.

Jonathan Mosen, on the pc-audio list, offered the suggestion that it might
be a good idea to first clear out the old urls as that would make the list
far shorter.

The finder truly works; and may be one of the more invaluable tools
offered by Replay AV.

Something else that some may not be aware of:  the finder works for
streams of all sorts, not just those in the Replay database.
That's part of what makes it even more useful as a general tool in a
an internet radio streaming toolkit.

And, this being number 20 in the series, I am going to have to check out
some of your other guides in the series.

         Mike