[blindreplay] Re: Real Player 11 tips

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:42:32 -0500 (EST)

Petro

My rule of thumb when it comes to media players (including RAV) is not to
upgrade unless I need something the new version offers or unless something
in the version I'm using is obviously broken.
So right now, I'm on RAV8.21, RedButton 2.932 (which fixes some major
flaws in 2.93 and 2.926),
Winamp 5.35 (boy, I'm glad I didn't bite on 5.50), WMp10 and Rp10.5.
And, as I mentioned on another list, I try keeping versions of the past
around for a while in the event I wish to go back.
It's a bit more work to save the downloaded files to a folder prior to
installing, but that way, I have a ready archive when I want it.