[blindreplay] Re: My Sound Card and Recording

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:19:11 -0400 (EDT)

Petro

As it turns out, the setting for the enhanced audio driver isn't in the
settings menu, but rather is in the recording parameters for each show.
And this is where it becomes tricky.

As you know,

The first choice involves 2 check boxes: one for recording streams for the
sound card and one via downloading bypassing the sound card.
Logically, for silent recording, this second box is the one to check, but not
so fast as no setting there exists for acknowledging the existence of the
enhanced driver.
So, one has to check the first,
and then tab down to recording method where one can select the driver.
Now tab back, and check the download check box.
Now, there is no way anyone, who doesn't have the driver, could guess this
anomaly.

Also, as I discovered, some stream types appear not to be downloadable and can
only be recorded by streaming.  Stations that use the Surfer Handler player
seem to fall in this category.

If any one is curious to try this, here is an url of such a station:

wcev am 1450 cicero chicagoland's ethnic voice
http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/view/generic2.asp?call=WCEV&skin=generic

Needless to say, it is difficult testing recording capabilities in the demo
given the 5 minute time constraints.

            Mike