[blindreplay] Music of YOur Life: follow-up

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:17:30 -0400 (EDT)

Pam

I took a look again at the vtuner url, and it indeed is a vtuner custom link
primarily designed for use with their own tuner product.  It will, as we know,
also work independently of their tuner.

http://www.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/asp/StatLaunchMP3.asp?id=1944&link=1

notice their id number of the station at the end.

When I launched the link, which played in Windows Media Player,k
the urlfinder discovered no links.

I then entered the link, via RAV's add a show manually function, and was
successful in both starting a stream capture as well as listening to moyl via
the RAV tuner.
Then the url finder discovered this rather convoluted link.

http://bdcast-musicofyourlife.wm.llnwd.net/bdcast_musicofyourlife

Now, here is where all this gets mighty strange.  RAV was more than able to
record this stream, just as with the vtuner stream.
However, when I asked Vtuner to allow me to tune into the stream, it balked.
No other player on my system would play the link either.
Oh yes, when I looked at properties in WMP when the Vtuner launched its link,
it too showed the convoluted link.

So here are the conclusions:

definitely use

http://www.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/asp/StatLaunchMP3.asp?id=1944&link=1

for listening as well as recording via RAV.

If nothing else, maybe we can now appreciate why attempting to directly listen
through the moyl website was an effort in futility.
To the credit of the folks at VTUNER.COM, they figured out how to link to the
stream directly.

I don't have much luck in getting stations added to the RAV Media Guide.
Perhaps Petro can pass this on as, with the difficulty of linking to this one,
it would be very useful if the Media Guide could include this one.

           Mike