[blindreplay] Re: Modifying Stations

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 03:55:56 -0400 (EDT)

Petro

Thanks for confirming my observations.  It seems, however, that if one
wants to commence a quick recording, the one time option is faster to set
up.
Of course, if one then later determines that they wish to make something
recurring, they'll then have to start over so to speak.

No big deal, however, as that's not that difficult to replicate and, the
possible hardest part -- locating the url -- is there sitting for you in
properties from
which you can copy and paste into the new profile.

Truly, now that I've played with various aspects of the program, it's very
straightforward to work with.
The packages' biggest weakness -- the station/program database -- can
become irrelevant given the url finder that Petro explains working with.

And, as for the best sources of station urls, my current favorites are

Radiotime.com
www.radiotime.com

Streaming Radio Guide
http://streamingradioguide.com

and

Mike's Radio World
www.mikesradioworld.com.

I cannot speak highly enough of all these three as their
operators/managers/staff truly keep on top of things.  I can speak
personally as to the updating of information on Radiotime as I routinely
submit info to them and, in most instances, they act on it within a few
hours.

For those who seek a hand in using the url finder, here's the link
explaining its use as described by Petro:

http://www.applian.com/Podcasts/20-url-finder.mp3
A brief description is also included in the user guide.