[blindreplay] Re: Iheart Radio On RMC

  • From: Jeffrey Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:56:49 -0700

The “Record Audio from device” option is meant to be used with external devices
via the Line-In or microphone jack.

Regarding iHeartRadio streams, you will not be able to schedule them from the
direct RTMP URL.  That URL frequently changes which prevents it from being
repeatedly used.  The best way to schedule an iHeartRadio stream in RMC5 is
with the following settings:

Capture: Record from stream
Launch: In Browser

You will hopefully notice that the URL has the iHeartRadio station appended
with ?autoplay=true
That appended text will automatically start the stream playing so that you do
not need to click the Play button on the webpage.  This does not work with
Internet Explorer 8, so you will need to be running a different web browser on
Windows XP machines or be using a more recent version of Windows.

WDEA is in our Replay Radio 9 Guide, so adding the station is quite easy and
does not require as much manual setup as in RMC5.

Hope this helps,
Jeffrey Wilson
Applian Technologies, Inc.