[blindreplay] Getting m3u files when I expected rm

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindReplay" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 19:53:14 -0000

Hi,

I've set up some recordings in RAV by adding a station from the media guide, then telling it to repeat the recording, and choosing the day and start/stop recording times. I've done this before and got rm files but lately I've been getting m3u files. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong? And if I play the m3u files in Winamp there is silence.

The station I want to record is BBC Radio 4. The url I have in the show properties is
http://www.replay-video.com/user/redirect_station.php?id=112&format=REAL

Is this the wrong url?

Or, is it possible that the BBC won't allow recording like this? Since they made some changes a few months ago, it's no longer possible to do a stream capture because RAV can't pick up the stream url. So does this also block RAV from recording "live" so to speak?

Catherine