[blindreplay] Re: For Susan:WFUB possible stream addresses - Susan

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:52:38 -0700 (PDT)

Keyboard controls to use with JAWS with RAV 8:

TAB key to navigate/jump to each button on main interface of RAV
8.
Space bar to select a button like minimize, exit.
ALT key brings up the menu bar.
ALT+F is for the File menu.
ALT+H is for the Help menu where you can find the user guide.
Applications keyboard key is located to the left of your RIGHT
control keyboard key. This Applications key is the most powerful
one to use.

Don't forget RAV 8 has built-in keyboard shortcuts. The list can
be found on the Replay AV website via user guide or from my
blog.

RAV 8 has a listview box where all your favorites go in whether
its a podcast, station or show it will go in this listview.

 Place focus on a radio station like WFUB and then press your
applications key and see what happens. You get a context menu.
The applications key acts as a right mouse click.

In the context menu you get options like properties, start
recording/download, tune to and so on. You can use either the
ENTER key or the shortcut letter to choose the option.

There is no need to use the JAWS cursor. Understand?

In your message you say it is tricky. It is not the case. All
controls work in PC cursor mode. OK there could be a bug
somewhere. No one is perfect.

And no one uses all parts of an application.

Replay Converter 2.60 is supposed to fix the .rm to .mp3
conversion issue according to Applian. I posted about this on
this list and on my blog.

Replay AV 8 definitely does not need scripts. It's one of the
most accessible applications in the software industry for the
blind. This is also the case for Replay Converter.

Petro