[blindreplay] Re: Exact Timing Of Shows: was RE: Re: Multiple copies of shows

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:11:29 -0700 (PDT)

Streams work a bit different on the internet. The data (packets)
take time to reach you. The stream you hear is not LIVE. There
is a delay. I have seen some audio streams 4-5 minutes behind.
You can test this. Turn on your AM/FM station to a station that
also streams on the internet. Compare the stream with the audio
coming out of your radio's speakers. There is going to be a
delay on the internet stream.

I schedule the start and end times for some of my recordings 5
minutes early and 5 minutes later. This ensures I won't miss
anything.