[blindreplay] DirecTV's remote tv scheduler

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:24:04 -0700 (PDT)

DirecTV now offers "tv scheduler" by visiting directv.com - A few minutes ago I
told tv scheduler to record a show for me using my computer. You can schedule
recordings remotely as I have done by going to the DirecTV website, signing in
and set recordings. You can do it by using a mobile phone.

Now I need to see if it gets recorded for me. My DVR doesn't speak here so tv
scheduler is awesome.

The tv scheduler is very accessible using JAWS 9.

I wrote to DirecTV tech support for about a month last Fall to make sure to
make the interface accessible and they have done it. I am sure many other blind
users wrote to them. Great job all!

This tv scheduler only works on certain satellite receiver models that have the
TiVo series 2 (6.4a software).