[blindreplay] Conversions & the CPU

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:09:18 -0800 (PST)

Two days ago on this list we were talking about how much
resources Replay AV 8.41 uses up and the RAM memory side of
things.

I forgot to mention the CPU - processor - the faster the better
especially when you use the conversions part within RAV 8 or the
stand alone Replay Converter program. I see a tremendous
difference here. My old desktop with just Pentium IV 1.6 ghz CPU
and my notebook with a Intel Dual Core CPU. There's a big
difference for sure but it doesn't mean you have to buy a new
computer. Just takes longer for the conversions to be done. My
observations only.