[blindreplay] Re: Coming Soon Improvements to

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:26:45 -0400 (EDT)

Daryl

The major weakness of the Replay AV website isn't its blindness usability;
it is its lack of content as compared with

www.radiotime.com.

From what I read on the Replay AV website, it sounds as if Applian is
woefully undermanned when it comes to handling the site.
Hence, time taken to improve blind friendliness is time taken away from
updating the site.
And there is a lot of work needed to improve amount of content, which
benefits a whole lot more folks (and drives sales)
than is gained by focusing too much on usability.
Sure, we want both; but I don't see usability as a major problem with the
website.
There are no free lunches; and to gain something, you have to pay a price
-- and, in this instance, the price is doing more work yourself to decode
urls that
the website cannot automatically not subscribe for you.