[blindreplay] Citadel Makes Wholesale Url Changes

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:40:41 -0400 (EDT)

Citadel appears to be in the process of changing the streaming links of its
stations.  This came home to roost for me this morning (Saturday) when I
attempted to record WJR, Detroit.

After some hunting around, I was finally able to locate a stream which would
both play audio as well as record in RAV.  The source that worked was the
stream listed as the alternate stream at

www.billsparks.org

which is

mms://citadelcc-wjr-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_wjr_am

Looking at the url, I noticed that the call letters and broadcast band are
listed in 2 locations.  This got me curious as to whether this would work with
other Citadel stations.  I first tried it with WLS Chicago
which is

mms://citadelcc-wls-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_wls_am

and, by golly, bingo!

Other examples include:

ksfo, San Francisco
mms://citadelcc-ksfo-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_ksfo_am

klos-fm los angeles
mms://citadelcc-klos-fm.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_klos_fm

wmal, Washington, DC
mms://citadelcc-wmal-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_wmal_am

kkml, colorado springs, co
mms://citadelcc-kkml-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_kkml_am

kvor, colorado springs, co
mms://citadelcc-kvor-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_kvor_am

WXSM, blountville (tri cities), tn
mms://citadelcc-wxsm-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_wxsm_am

wgfx-fm, Gallatin (Nashville), TN
mms://citadelcc-wgfx-fm.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_wgfx_fm

kkob-am, albuquerque, nm
mms://citadelcc-kkob-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_kkob_am

kkob-fm, albuquerque, nm
mms://citadelcc-kkob-fm.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_kkob_fm

knml, albuquerque, nm
mms://citadelcc-knml-am.wm.llnwd.net/citadelcc_knml_am

So, if you come across a Citadel station (ownership sometimes shown as a
variant of Radio License Holding) that suddenly no longer streams or records
for you, chances are the templates shown above may solve the broken link.

            Mike