[blindreplay] Re: Can no longer download BBC iPlayer radio programmes using Media Catcher

  • From: M F Mason <mfmason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:08:44 +0000

Hello,

I too have recently experienced problems when downloading BBC radio programmes using Replay Media Catcher. Sometimes the download completes and then the file disappears from my recordings folder.
Other times a file remains in my recordings but it does not have a file type
and so I can do nothing with it.

I have also tried downloading BBC radio programs using Replay av 8 with the URL finder facility, alas, with no success.

Any advice/insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.

At 12:50 25/02/2009, you wrote:

I guess the subject says it all. Recently, the BBC changed their Listen Again format to MP3 and that worked beautifully with MC. However, they've just changed the format to AAC encoding and this no longer works.

Well, it does start to download, but it stops mid way through a download. For instance, I tried to download one show and MC said that it was 80.70 MB, but there was nothing in the My Recordings folder. I tried again with the same show and got a different file size, but still nothing in the My Recordings folder.

Are there any plans to include AAC in the Media Catcher formats.

Thanks.

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Russell