[blindreplay] Can no longer download BBC iPlayer radio programmes using Media Catcher

  • From: Kevin Russell <kevin_russell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:50:35 +0000

I guess the subject says it all.  Recently, the BBC changed their Listen
Again format to MP3 and that worked beautifully with MC.  However, they've
just changed the format to AAC encoding and this no longer works.

Well, it does start to download, but it stops mid way through a download.
For instance, I tried to download one show and MC said that it was 80.70
MB, but there was nothing in the My Recordings folder.  I tried again with
the same show and got a different file size, but still nothing in the My
Recordings folder.

Are there any plans to include AAC in the Media Catcher formats.

Kevin Russell
MP 102 Hursley Park
Winchester, Hampshire
United Kingdom.  SO21 2JN