[blindreplay] Braille Display users?

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:39:55 -0800 (PST)

Do any of you use a braille display device exclusively or a
combination of both a screen reader and braille display? What
would you say is the percentage that use a Braille display in
the blind community?

I thought I had read that only 7-10 percent read and write
braille very well. If I am wrong please correct me.

The reason I am asking all the above is that the user who
criticized me for suggesting Replay AV 8 said he could not use
Replay AV 8 with a Braille display device. In my 3+ years in
helping Applian this is the first mention of this issue. He said
it doesn't read the buttons on Replay AV 8 interface. Am I
correct to say but didn't tell him to use his screen reader
instead? That is why we have it.

Let me know what you think.