[blindreplay] Re: Blind Bargains Access Awards Nominations

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 07:30:36 -0500 (EST)

I should have guessed that someone would have wondered about that.

Well, here is the story behind that.  Several pcs back, one from
Hewlett-Packard (hp), I accidentally placed some investing streams in the
HP folder in IE6's favorites.
Once this started, I never changed it and continued the practice with RAV.
B gets used for a lot of IE folder names including Business (web sites),
Books, blindness so H, as it turned out, proved to be a quick way to get
at the urls for audio things related to business broadcasts.
The 3, in Chicago Bulls, incidentally, is the number I use for NBA feeds.
5 begins my folder for weather stuff, 7 for news, etc.
So, when I open my IE favorites, when I type 7, I quickly get at the
news bookmarks folder, and a "f" Tuesday through Friday mornings, gives me
the page with Robert Feder's Chicago Suntimes column on Radio/TV.
When I hit 5, I'm in weather where J immediately brings up the
printer-wunderground.com page for current Jacksonville weather.
If, of course, one has multiple entries in their favorites beginning with
the same character, you will have to hit that character more than once and
hit the return key.

Hope the above makes sense.