[blindreplay] Re: At-Large Recorder Discounted

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:32:07 -0800 (PST)

The Slingbox is made by Sling Media.
http://www.slingmedia.com

You need broadband internet connection. I have the Slingbox
connected to my DirecTV satellite box. The DVR a/v outputs
connect to the Slingbox (Classic version model) and from the
Slingbox ethernet port to your router's ethernet port.

Installing the SlingPlayer software version 1.5 (latest
available) on any computer using my Slingbox's IP Finder Address
(code) I am able to watch my tv satellite box anywhere in the
world. I can change the satellite channels using my keyboard's
numbers row.

Note: JAWS or other screen readers will not read your tv's on
screen menus nor program guide. It doesn't work and I was hoping
JAWS could detect the on screen settings and to use my DVR's
timer to set scheduled recordings from home or when in another
country.

Applian Technologies makes the At-Large Recorder 2.3 software
product which allows you to record from your computer your
Slingbox's video/audio signal which is receiving in my case
DirecTV satellite tv.

Basically A VCR for my Slingbox.

The recordings are done in .asf format and can be played back
with Windows Media Player.

SlingMedia tech support is excellent.
1-877-GO-SLING

This product I am sure is very popular around the world.

Petro