[blindreplay] Re: At-Large Recorder 2.4

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:05:50 -0400

It all depends. The Slingbox should be in the same room and near your router. Are you go with connecting cables from your cable box/satellite box to the Slingbox. Are you good with the route JAWS to PC cursor and doing a JAWS left mouse click. Do you know how to open your router's ports for the Slingbox hardware to work outside of your home like being in another state so you can hear your tv on your computer. You install a software app called Sling Player. This player allows you to watch your tv anywhere in the world where there is a high speed internet connection. This player is very accessible as it has keyboard shortcuts and the changing of tv channels is easily done using the numbers row on the keyboard. Note JAWS cannot read your cable or satellite boxes menus nor DVR settings through the Sling Player softeare. It's invisible. Was hoping it would work. The Slingbox costs $125 - $300. They have phone tech support I think for the first year. They can remotely access your computer if you need help. You need to know the model number and make of your cable or satellite box as you will need this info during the setup. All I can say it can be done. If you have sighted sighted assistance the better which I didn't have.

----- Original Message ----- From: "james hooper" <james52@xxxxxxxxxxx>