[blindreplay] Re: Anyone come up with a URL for the new Imus In The Morning show?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:03:18 -0500 (EST)

Nac

I have an interest in broadcasting, but only as a listener.  And my
interest in contemporary pop music stops in 1975 or so when I graduated
college.
So call me an old fogey but not necessarily a conservative (politically
speaking) one.
The internet makes listening a true national and world thing no longer
leaving you only in the local market or having to listen to static for
distant stations.
I used to love AM (and to some degree fm and SW dxing) but the internet,
with its clarity and ease, makes dxing uncertain and unnecessary for what
I want.
I recall hearing, for example, KFI L.A. and knbr San Francisco
occasionally from the midwest (and once in a while knx L.A.), but today I
could listen to all 3 (if I choose) via streaming and in full quality
better than local sound.
So why bother with dxing, I say.