[blindreplay] Re: Anyone come up with a URL for the new Imus In The Morning show?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 07:44:47 -0500 (EST)

A little update on Imus:

His first day on WABC was Monday, Dec 3 so this coming week is the 2nd
week of his return which reportedly is paying him $5 mil plus a year.
As WABC is an ABC/Citadel station, look for other Citadel stations to pick
him up.
As one comment I read, however, Imus previously hasn't done well in west
coast markets with his strength being the Northeast and places where
northeasterners relocate ie; Florida.

However, thanks to streaming and satellite, for many folks, it hardly
matters whether local affiliates for programs exist.  And with programs
such as RAV, it hardly matters if you happen to be around when something
airs as you can record it or, in many instances, have podcasts
automatically downloaded for you.
As examples, last evening I spent some time listening to a recorded show
which I listed yesterday namely, Website WedNesday Night from wGN Chicago
which, in this instance, aired on Nov 28.
This morning, I listened to a Day One podcast which Juice had sitting in a
folder for me.
And, oh yes, I also spent some time last evening, though admittedly I
dosed off during part of it, listening to WhiteSox Weekly wished RAV
recorded from earlier in the day from WSCR Chicago.

The only bad thing about this pc technology -- everything from audio to
websites; books to scanning; email to the occasional smail letter -- is
that I feel more and more lost when I am without the pc.

And, to show how things have changed, once Imus got mentioned this AM, it
was so easy thanks to the WABC website, Google, the RAV website, and
Streaming Radio Guide.com to put it all together.