[blindreplay] A suggestion for Robin

  • From: "Gary G Schindler" <garys5462@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blind Replay" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 07:49:21 -0500

Robin, I believe I know what you are talking about with respect to some URL'S
being truncated when trying to paste them in to the basic Replay Av field. this
seems to happen with surfer network or URL'S that have java script links. try
this one:
http://www.dabdig.co.uk/stream/stream.php?service=cc&url=www.fox970.com
I found the best way to deal with links like this is to be sure and maximize
whatever editor you may use for text, paste any URL'S into a file making sure
the URl is on one line, re copy it to the clipboard, paste it into replay Av.

A lot of times it is best to forget about the URL finder within Replay Av. once
you get the radio station audio playing, determine which player is playing the
audio. if windows media player is being used, ALT tab to the player, look in
the properties and get the URL which would be the location, which would be read
only, copy it to the clipboard and paste it into Replay av. if a browser window
pops up, just go to the address bar, copy the URL from it, paste it into Replay
Av, try it. Replay will truncate passwords when trying to tune into XM stations
too. I had to go to the XM site, shorten my password to get it to work in
Replay Av.

I would like it if you could choose whether you wanted to use the replay tuner,
or tune with a browser with each individual show instead of going into the
settings and changing from the replay tuner settings.

Gary Schindler
Shaler PA