[blindeudora] Re: not announcing status

  • From: Lou Burton <lburton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:07:29 -0400

Windoweyes does all of the graphics in eudora, it is just that you need to have to graphics dictionary turned on.

An easy way to do this is to open the inbox, and be on the last message in the list, use your context key, left of the right hand alt key, and bring up the list of options. arrow to "change status", and smack enter, in that list you will see all of the current status options, arrow to the one you want and smack enter. Now you know what the graphic is cause you set it with the status options. Put the mouse on the graphic next to the message you modified, and use ctrl+shift+e and fill in the graphic label edit box. save the dictionary. You can do this for all of the options in the status menu, however there is one that is not listed that is useful for locating messages that have not ben sent.

Create a message to yourself, but do not send it with ctrl+e, use ctrl+f4 and answer yes to the save message dialogue. then open the outbox, and look for that message you created, there will be another graphic there that means unsent, label that graphic, and you will be able to determine mail that did not get sent.

There is one more that means unsendable, or error in message, and you can cause that by giving an improperly formatted email address. Do that and label it's graphic, and you will have a full complament of labeled eudora graphics.. JFW will do the same but I no not how to label them there graphics being a wineyes 7.51 user.

Later you all, me

a while back northstar1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx told me on 15, 33 10/7/2011
and you will never get the read graphic to label because for some reason window-eyes doesn't show that graphic.

Legend has it that on Friday 10/7/2011 11:16 AM, Doris and Chris said:
The status indicators are graphics that are labeled accordingly. Have you tried to go in and label them manually? While I do not know how to do this in WindowEyes, I do remember that window eyes has the capability of labeling graphics.

Cheers,

Doris

At 08:33 AM 10/7/2011 -0700, you wrote:
Hi all you nice Eudora users.

My Eudora no longer announces forwarded or unread and all those handy things. Otherwise it's working perfect as it has done for well over ten years. I got a new computer with windows 7 64 bit a few months ago and I can't remember if that feature worked at first or not after the changeover. I am using windoweyes and am not sure of the version of Eudora, but it's the same one that used to announce thoase features.

Any ideas?
Thanks to much, I can get along without it, but I miss it.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora