[blindeudora] Re: jaws speaking

  • From: Lovette Yewchan <lyewchan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:52:08 -0700

what is the update and how do I find it?
Also how can I get rid of other updates? I was having trouble with some things and someone recommended I update my computer beyond the critical updates and I sure would like to go back but don't know how.
Lovette
At 11:43 PM 4/23/2010, you wrote:
I know this because the problem occurred in Eudora after I installed that particular update.

I never have updates installed automatically but do so manually. the update in question was talked about on the nvda list. It is an optional update that updatesmsaa and some newer accessibility components. I went and downloaded and installed the udpate and after having done so, started having the problem that jaws no longer automatically read the next mesage when I deleted one out of the list of messages in a mailbox. I do not understand completely why this is but the udpate must change something in the way information is communicated to jaws; i do not know if the same behavior occurs using another screenrader. nvda at this point has trouble with the list of messages in eudora and does not read them anyway. uninstalling the above update fixed the problem.

If you only have widnows install critical updates for you automatically, you would not have the problem as the udpate is an optional one that you need to select to be installed.

hth

Doris

At 09:40 PM 4/23/2010 -0700, you wrote:
how do you know which updates to tamper with?
At 05:34 PM 4/23/2010, you wrote:
Miss Betsy,

Have you installed the optional xp update of October 26, 2009 that addds some enhancements of the accessibility features in windows 7 to the xp platform. I found that installing this update caused the problems the other lady is experiencing - and this with an earlier version of jaws. Removing the update also fixed the eudora issue.

Thanks much.

Doris

At 01:21 PM 4/23/2010 -1000, you wrote:
Running XP Home, Eudora 7.1?? and Jaws 11. Not experiencing this issue. I know this doesn't solve your problem, but offering hope.
Betsy
At 12:58 PM 4/23/2010, you wrote:
Its another bug in jaws how they do lists now.

At 03:55 PM 4/22/2010, you wrote:
Okay it seems my week for eudora issues. *smile*
Now when I am deleting a msg Jaws doesn't tell me the next message subject. If I arrow up it will but it use to read them as I arrowed down with the cursers. Any ideas about this?

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Tim
Blindeudora list owner.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora