[blindeudora] Re: eudora and registry

  • From: Pat Ferguson <pat.ferguson328@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 18:34:31 -0500

Hi Doris,

Are you using Windows Seven?

I'll look through this again tomorrow., but I've looked at least three times, and I could not find anything about Email. Like I said earlier, I hope I'm wrong. <smile> <smile>

Thanks a bunch.

Pat Ferguson

At 12:30 PM 3/31/2012, you wrote:
where you set the default email program ha s nothing to do whether your windows is 32bit or 64bit.

Tab thru the programs tab that you find in

control panel/internet options/\programs. There are several combo boxes for to determine the default program for each internet service used. Tab thru these and you will get to the "email" combo box. Set this to eudora if you want it as your default client or to something else if you do not want your two eudora's to compete for which one is to be the default one once you have unchecked the "check whether Eudora is the default email program in Eudora itself"

You set this in control panel not from within internet explorer and there should be no need to go to a tools menu to get to the internet options.

you can easily work with two different personalities in one instance of eudora and seprate your business from personal email by filtering your business mail to a separate mailbox. Consult Eudora's help for instructions of setting up personalities and filters.

hth

Doris

tAt 10:20 AM 3/31/2012 -0500, you wrote:
Dear Lou,

Mine is totally different, and there is nothing about email in the programs tab. Just IE, HTML and nothing about email.

Remember, I'm using Windows Seven 64Bit,  Home Premium.

Pat Ferguson

At 09:16 PM 3/30/2012, you wrote:
mmmm, it is here under tools, options, and then get to the programs tab control and tab over you should see: html editor, email, newsgroups, internet call, calendar, and finally contacts

        a while back Pat Ferguson told me on 17, 50 3/30/2012
Hi Lou and Everyone,

I looked in the Internet Options, and I could not find anything about setting up Eudora as the default email program,infact, I couldn't even find anything about email programs, Just IE. I'm using Windows Seven.

I have never understood how to set up the Personalities in Eudora.

Thanks much.

Pat Ferguson
At 04:28 PM 3/30/2012, you wrote:
Pat why have two separate eudoras when you have the option of multiple personalities with one installation of eudora?

And yeah, if you go througthe internet options and set the mail program, that will fix it all

a while back Pat Ferguson told me on 17, 17 3/30/2012
Hi Doris, Thanks so much for this info, however I guess I'm a bit confused.

Pat Ferguson

At 03:30 PM 3/30/2012, you wrote:
The only thing that Eudora needs to enter into the registry is the setting for being the default email application, i.e. that clicking a "mailto" link or using the "send to email" entry in the context menu when on a file in an explorer or "my computer" window that Eudora is launched automatically.

If it is not possible or desirable to have two email accounts go to the same inbox and just to set up different personalities for each account, just uncheck the option to have Eudora check whether it it is the default email client.

This should fix your problem as well, Brad. Brad, if you want Eudora to be your default email application, set this up properly thru the "Internet options" in control panel.

hth

Doris

At 02:10 PM 3/30/2012 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Bud and Everyone,

Yes, I experience this all the time, as I have 2 Eudora's on my computer. . One is called GMail, which is my personal email account, and the other one is called Ferguson Technologies.

It's the one that is the FergusonTechnologies that says the exact same thing, and I would love to know how to fix it, also.

Any help is greatly appreciated, please.

Thanks.

Pat Ferguson

At 12:40 PM 3/30/2012, you wrote:
Hi Gang,

Here lately I have been getting a message every time I go to Eudora. It says "Eudora was unable to update the system registry. I just enter on it and it goes away, but I'm wondering what is going on and if I should do anything about it. Have any of you run into this? .
Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California