[blindeudora] Re: blank lines? hmm?

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:01:17 -1000

John,
What version of Eudora and JAWS are you using?
At 06:53 PM 1/26/2009, you wrote:
Interesting,
I use JAWS and haven't had a problem with blank lines.
John
At 10:51 AM 1/26/2009, you wrote:
I believe you are correct, though it didn't seem to happen in earlier versions of either JFW or Eudora, I don't know which. It is annoying for sure.

Curtis Delzer.
HS

At 12:26 PM 1/19/2009, you wrote:
i think that this is a JAWS issue, because I have both WE and JAWS on my system, and this happens with JAWS and not with WE. I have spoken to FS about this, and they are either unable or unwilling to do anything about it. Because Eudora is no longer being developed, I suspect that if you use JAWS, you will either have to just put up with it, or use the Eudora viewer.

Andy
At 08:52 AM 1/19/2009, you wrote:
I am wondering if anyone answered the below question for Curtis. I have the same issue and would really like to make it go away.
At 07:36 AM 11/19/2008, you wrote:
Hi all. I have a peculiar issue in Eudora. When I read mail, there are a lot of "blank" lines in the messages, where the author did not put blanks. It makes my screen reader put pauses in reading unnaturally, let alone not really representative of the author's intent. I don't remember how it got this way, but it seems it wasn't at some past time, so I wonder what to do about it? I am using the MicroSoft viewer to read, since there are issues using Eudora's viewer to read mail, like auto_clicking on links if I happen to stop reading on one, skipping lines, etc. anyone have any idea what I can do about the blank lines? I am unsure if there are truly blank lines, or just ASCII tens that make the screen show spaces, just ideas, please!

Thanks all over the place, really!

Curtis Delzer

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

                John Gassman
mailto:johngassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Recognition Of The Problem is 51% Of The Solution

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora