[blindeudora] Re: Switching between personalities

  • From: Delta <delta8@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:36:10 +1000

HI Listers,

While on this thread, I would like to ask if it is possible to change the dominant personality to another?

Let me explain why this could be useful. When joining a provider, the subscriber is given one primary email account but is then able to set up others with different user id's. In the past, I have always used the primary account for most of my email and registrations with additional accounts being used to subscribe to mailing groups and the like. However, over time the primary account collects spammers,advertisers and pests of all sorts. But unless the provider is changed and hence a brand new email address setup, not much can be done because it is the primary account.

With the next provider, I would like to only use secondary user id's with the primary not being given out at all. So, when any of the secondary addresses become targets for pests, it would be a simple matter to set up a new user id and chop off the one receiving the spam.

So, would it be possible to set up one of the secondary user id's as the dominant personality?

Also, will the latest version of Eudora work under Vista?

Thanks
Tom.

At 10:03 PM 25.05.2007, you wrote:
you can also set your personalities to send out on the personality that they came in on. In tools menu, options, sending mail. its the first tab. Just set relay to none for main. To set the other personalities. You have to go tools menu, personality, and set the relay in properties for each personality.

At 09:46 PM 5/24/2007, you wrote:
Aloha everyone,
Is there a shortcut key to switch between personalities? I know I can go to Tools, then personalities and select one. Then I can press enter and the To: box comes up. But when I want to reply to a message that comes in from a certain personality, I have to change the personality before I can send the message out. I hope I haven't confused all of us...
Betsy

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Tim
Blindeudora list owner.