[blindeudora] Loss of Focus when opening message - Was: Re: [blindeudora] Re: Accessible Version of Eudora for Windows 7

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:44:29 -0400

Dear Mr. Norstar,

I do not have the issue as much with jaws 10 as with later versions.

When Iorigianally broughtup this thread the other week, i asked if it was scriptable to have jaws automatically refresh the screen when a new message is being opened with the MS Viewer active. I don't believe you answered that one. is this doable? And, after the screen refresh, is it possible tohave jaws verify that focus is at the beinning of the message body?

I hthink both of these exist but I would not know where to find them nor how to stick them into the scripts.

Thanks bunches.

Doris

At 06:34 PM 10/6/2011 -0500, you wrote:
hmmm, the lose of focus issue is jaws since jaws 10.

Legend has it that on Thursday 10/6/2011 01:15 PM, Doris and Chris said:
Try using jaws 13 beta just for kicks. i find it works much better with eudora than 11 and 12 did.

I don't have any of the funny issues you have been describing though but only the slow loading of mesages and the loss of focus issues sometimes.

Cheers,

Doris

At 12:05 PM 10/6/2011 -0500, you wrote:
Jaws 12. It isn't consistent so I'm thinking there's a gadget or some such bit mucking it up depending on screen location I suppose :). Sometimes using the screen snaps Windows key left arrow or up arrow works. I'm going to try disabling one particular bit that starts automatically, the AccuWeather application Dell decided for me that I wanted for the desktop lol. I iwll say however, this machine has other issues such as not accurately reading cell boarder information in Excel, sometimes totally dropping the row and column title reading for no reason other than entering data in a cell, stuff like that. I was hoping perhaps version 13 would magically fix much of that up haha. Unlikely but at least when I do get in touch with tech support we'll be on the latest version.

Brad

On 10/6/2011  11:46 AM northstar1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...
are you using window-eyes or jaws?

Legend has it that on Thursday 10/6/2011 10:28 AM, Brad Dunse' said:
I use it as well but still having some occasional readability issues reading word by word in an email I'm composing. But that could well be my particular video driver on this machine or more likely is some pop up gizmo hampering the screen somehow. . I seem to be the odd man out on this I'd recommend Eudora 7.x.

Brad

On 10/6/2011  10:13 AM Pat Ferguson said...
Dear Margaret,

I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 and I'm loving it with Windows Seven 64 Bit.

I use Window-Eyes or System Access.

Blessings,

Pat Ferguson

At 05:19 PM 10/5/2011, you wrote:
Good Evening,

My tech is putting the finishing touches on my new Windows 7 machine and we are discussing which e-mail client to use since Outlook Express won't be an option. I have an old post saved from somewhere that people were using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with Win7. I'll primarily be using JAWS 12 and probably 13 when the final version is released, but I'm trying to learn Window-Eyes 7.5.1. What is the most accessible version of Eudora to tell him that folks are using now?

Is Eudora anything like OE 6? Is first letter navigation in the folder list possible in Eudora? What features does Eudora have that users especially like that might appeal to this OE refugee? What are the disadvantages of the program?

Would it be possible to test drive Eudora on my XP Home machine with OE still on it so I can see how I like it while I'm waiting for the new machine to be delivered?

Any information and comparisons between Outlook Express and Eudora would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Margaret
List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Brad Dunse

The frst thgn they teach you n wrting s to keep focus off yourself by removing all the 's.
 Don't know does  t work for you? --Capt'n Frank

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

check out my sendspace offerings at:
http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Brad Dunse

Nobody succeeds beyond his or her wildest expectations...
 unless he or she begins with some wild expectations.. -Ralph Charell

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora