[blindeudora] Re: Lite Mode to sponsored

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 01:15:23 +0200

the latest version wil install over your previous one. You may want to make a backup of your eudora user folder before. Eudora 7.1 still offers both lite and sponsored modes. Sponsored mode will stop displaying ads sometime soon.

hth

Doris

At 05:41 PM 4/12/2007 -0500, you wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion re the ad removal. I am wondering now just what would happen if i installed the most recent version of eudora over my current version. Anyone know? If the latest version is free and doesnot have the sponsored and lite modes might I be home free?
Tom

At 01:34 PM 4/12/2007, you wrote:

Try deleting all the files in the embedded folder of Eudora. Sometimes those ads can corrupt and cause Eudora to shift modes.

At 12:06 PM 4/12/2007, you wrote:
        Hi,
After about a month of struggling with Eudora over blocked sponsored ads, yesterday Eudora informed me it was reverting to lite mode. In retrospect, I can see now I should have dealth with this earlier, but hey, hindsight.... I have lost spell checking, which I sorely need, and and now want to install a newer version of Eudora over version6.2.3.4 to regain spell checking and fix the window issue that must have been blocking the ads. Or is this my best solution? Should I go to get the latest version of Eudora and install it over this version, or what? I dont want to lose my customization of this copy of Eudora and start fresh again because then I would have to weigh my customization value vs the need for spell checking. I hope this is fairly understandable.
Tom

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Tim
Blindeudora list owner.