[blindeudora] Eudora crashing during message delete

  • From: Pranav Lal <nomad42@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:45:30 +0530

Hi all,
I am getting consistant crashes in Eudora v5. I have tried all the
suggested steps like deleting my eudora.ini, renaming the in, out trash and
junk mail boxes.

I am going to give the steps that I can use to duplicate the crashes.
1. Download mail in eudora. Or, start Eudora and get to a bunch of unread
messages.

2. Go to one of the mail boxes and hit enter on the message you want to
read.

3. Use the arrow keys to read the message.

4. Hit ctrl+d to delete the current message and move to the next message.

5. Continue with this.

After about 30 or 40 messages, Eudora will crash. I can stop the crashes if
I enable the Microsoft viewer. However, I prefer having the viewer
disabled. I have tried this on 3 different computers with different
configurations and have had the same problem.

My system configuration follows.

as determined by Eudora
----System Information
Platform: Windows 2000
Machine Type: Intel
System Version: 5.00.2195
Processor: 586
Physical RAM Installed: 506604 Kb
Eudora: Version 6.2.0.14
Mode: Paid Mode
Registration #: 7043-9213-5552-3991
MSHTML Version: 6.00
WININET Version: 6.00
jfw version=5.10.383
video card=Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
OS=windows 2000 professional all updates applied
Note:The memory addresses of the crashes is not always the same so it is
hard to pinpoint where the problem is.

Any one any thoughts? A google search has not helpped nor has a lengthy
session with Qualcomm tech support.

Pranav

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora