[blindeudora] Eudora and jaws 8.0 - Re: Re: Eudora quits

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:06:02 +0200

Have you been able to resolve the issue in which jaws 7.1 and 8.0 read the information of the deleted mesage after the mesasge has been deleted or after focus is somtimes otherwise returned to the message list? I find that with jaws 7.1 and 8.0, i have sometimes deleted the wrong mesages, which is why I stuckwith jaws 7.0. Unfortuantely the latest build of jaws 8.0 still has the same problem. If there is a fix for this that actually works, I would be very thankful to know of it.

Thanks much.

Doris

At 09:17 PM 8/17/2007 -0700, you wrote:

it happened to me a lot with JAWS 7, but has pretty much stopped with JAWS 8. One question, Do you use the MS Viewer? It has been my experience that Eudora and JAWS play better together if you use the Microsoft Viewer. To turn on the MS viewer, go to Tools, Options, viewing mail, and tab once to the box that says "Use microsoft viewer" and check it. Then tab to OK and press the spacebar.

Andy
At 05:33 PM 8/17/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
this seams to happen to many of us from time to time.
Some people say it is a Jaws problem but I don't know. I do know that it drives me mad. I may be wrong, but I don't think it happens with Window Eyes.
Max.

on 09:57 18/08/2007, Sheila Rieger said:
Hello List,
I am using Eudora 7.0 inpaid mode with Jaws 8.1273 and Windows XP.
When reading incoming mail Eudora constantly quits. Sometimes I can work for about 5 or perhaps ten minutes before it stops and Sometimes there is an error report but not every time. I go across the task bar and Eudora is not mentioned. I then have to re-start the program, but often it won't re-start and I have to turn off the computer and re-boot completely.
This has been happening a lot lately and I wonder if anyone has a solution.
I should also tell you that I have recently had a new hard drive inserted and a complete cleaning of the computer and that has not solved the problem.
Your help will be appreciated.  Many thanks.
Sheila Rieger

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora