[blindeudora] Eudora and JAWS11.0.756

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:48:52 -0600

I'm still struggling with eudora's presentation of mail with JAWS11.0.756, which is the latest version of JAWS sometimes it reads perfectly, and often I get the message "Couldn't find end of headers". Pressing 'z' to get to the beginning of a message, I am told "no divisions." Formatting looks like all end of line indicators are gone, making it really difficult to separate the message from the headers and trailers. If I turn off the Microsoft viewer it's a little easier to manage, but not good at all.

In desperation I am experimenting with windows Live Mail. It's okay, but I have years of information saved in Eudora mailboxes and a loooooong adress book ... Oh, you know how it is.

We are running JFW11.0.756 on three machines: 2 Windows XP and one Windows 7. One Windows XP machine is happy as a clam. the other two are not. Reverting to an earlier version of JFW solves the problem on the second XP machine, but the windows 7 machine is new and I hate to crud it up with older versions of JAWS just for eudora.

Sorry for so many words. I could sure use a eudora additude adjustment. Any clues???

thanks.

Ann

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora