[bct] wood burning questions

  • From: "Don Ball" <dball10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:59:36 -0500

I do not live in a place where I can burn wood now but when I did live out
in the country I had some questions about keeping a fire.
1 How do you pile or stack a wood pile where it is safe to be around?
2 Can a blind person use a wood splitter, and are there better ones for us
to use? I have heard of gas and electric powered ones.I have also tried to
use an ax, a sledge and wedges but that was too hard to mess with.
3 do they make a universal wood grate that you can place in a fire place or
a wood stove that will help you stack the kindling woods and biger logs for
building a fire? when I use to build a fire I would place small kindling
wood on the bottom and place the logs on top with paper all through the
stack, but it was hell starting a good fire.
I know also that I really didn't have good hard wood to burn either. Just
some pine logs for the main fire and some scraps from furniture factorys for