[bct] which FTP client and why?

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:28:30 -0600

Hi,

The subject line asks it all.  Right now, I'm doing my podcast via the :
www.gcast.com
site and, while I can get along pretty well with it as I do not need an FPT
client but can upload my files through upload links on the site itself, I
may wish to switch to feedburner.com in future.  First, I am assuming that
this will require me to find hoasting somewhere.  Second, I assume I'll need
an FPT client.  Is there really that much difference between Cute FTP and
FTP Explorer?  For those of you who prefer FTP Explorer, why do you prefer
it over Cute FTP?  And, for those of you who prefer Cute FTP, why?  Thanks.

PS.  Not looking to open a can of wworms here; but, I just can't see much
difference between them from what I've red.  They cost about the same and to
me, they both seem to offer the same flexibility.  I'm looking forward to
hearing from y'all about this.  Thanks.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefoot,
Ray