[bct] Re: weight control and loss.

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 03:33:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jeff,

I have not, according to conventional medical wisdom of the west, hit the point
at which caloric deficit would kick in a famine reflex in the body.  That would
have to be a lot lower than where I am now.  However, even a sedentary person
should lose weight with 1200 calories a day and I am not totally sedentary -
just munged up with lots of old injuries.  I am also battling a significant
case of the type of syndrome X (there see to be a lot of syndrom X's around)
that has, as a feature, insulin resistance, which also makes weight loss hard.