[bct] Re: weight control and loss.

  • From: "Jeff Armstrong" <jeffarmstrong1380@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:20:53 -0600

Slythy,

    Don't you suppose that by severely limiting your caloric income you might
be sending your body into a, self-protective mode, as would make sense in a
time of fammon?  And, yes, after medical disorders and medications are
considered, it almost seems as one is left with trail and error as a dieting,
or weight loss program.  A lady I know suffers from something called "bardet
biedl's" which is known to present itself with extreme weight gain specifically
around the middle of the body.  Perhaps the body is able to block the expending
of it's fat stores in certain situations, and instead, takes it's energy from
slowing down some of it's processes along with other adaptive measures that may
have meant the difference between life and death in earlier times.  By my
definition of the term, testing, the thrifty gene has been proven to exist, and
I do cite the study of the Pima people of North America.
Jeff Armstrong