[bct] Re: volume differences when playing audio files in different players

  • From: Kenneth Reed <kennethreed905@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 08:53:35 -0500

Hi Mary, the controll for winamp, is uparow for louder , and down arow for softer.
Left and right arrow move you back and forth.

I have one of these new hp's with the fancy keyboard that has it's own volume controll.
it changes the master volume. If you have one of those , that may be the problem.
Regards Ken.

At 11:13 PM 2/18/2006, you wrote:
Hi all,

I just sent a quick note to Neal about this (with my talent show submission) but this is a question that may be driving some of the rest of you crazy, just like it's bugging me, and maybe somebody has an answer so we can get our sanity back!

When I play my submission (or other files) in Studio Recorder, they sound fine. But when I play it in Winamp, the volume is very low. I am just using Winamp lite with no fancy stuff in it; is there a weird sort of limiter built in that cranks the volume down or something? Sometimes the sound is so low in Winamp that I have to turn the speakers up all the way; true, they're just $30 speakers but usually they're pretty responsive.

Anybody have a clue how this can be fixed? Is there a magic control in Winamp? Or maybe I should just play everything in Studio Recorder and forget Winamp! That's very tempting these days, but it would be a bit like bringing up Word just to write a one-line text file.

Thanks -

Mary